-- November 26th, 2009 (JP)
-- n/a (NA)
-- n/a (EU)
Size: 47 mb
Firmware Required: 6.10 or higher
Memory: 384 kb (Save Data), 320 kb (System Data)
This demo used to be available on the .hack//Link website but was removed some time ago. It could also be found on the japanese PlayStation Store but is no longer there. Its worth tracking down to get a taste of what the full game is like. The file size is rather small which is nice for those of us with smaller PSP memory cards.
After selecting Kite as your partner you jump right into the tutorial level found in the full game. However no story scenes occur once you reach the end. You're transported by Mac Anu and cannot leave the Chaos Gate screen. You're given three areas to complete and member addresses for Tsukasa and Haseo. You're free to do areas over and over but the maximum level you can go up to is capped at 10.
Much like the G.U. Vol.1 demo there is no story present, its purely a gameplay test. However unlike that, there is a reason to continue playing this one. That is of course to reach the level cap. Because you can then convert the demos save data to the full game and retain your level, some items and money. It took me about an hour and a half to reach the cap which is a pretty decent length for a demo.
Differences from the full game:
• Convert Data and Link Play options are not present.
• Area difficulty is listed from top (easy) to bottom (hard).
• There is no marker on the mini-map indicating which point you entered the current room from.
• Voice and sound effect volume during Unison Combos differs from lower to louder.
• The Lucky Animal "Ganesha" takes only three hits instead of four.
• The title screen shown above and splash image shown below are obviously demo-only too.